Long’an Steamed Pork with Rice Flour is not only a famous traditional dish, but also a famous one in wedding. It is made of fat meat without skin, soybean powder, sugar, banana leaves, pickled bean curd and various seasonings. The cooking procedures are as follows: pasting soybean powder, sugar and all kinds of seasonings on the meat, then wrapping them with banana leaves, and putting them in a dish and steaming in high heat. The dish features the soft and fat but not greasy pork with banana leaf fragrant.
Ingredients: 500g streaky pork, 200g sweet potato, 60g thick rice flour (or steamed meat flour), 2tbsp of vinasse (or cooking wine), 2tbsp of soy sauce, 2tbsp of spicy bean paste, few ginger powder, scallion leaves, 10 peppers, 1tbsp of sugar, 1/3 cup high soup (or water), 2tbsp cooked vegetable oil (cooled oil after heating with smoke).
1. Chopping peppers and 2 scallion leaves together, and chopping spicy bean paste. Cutting sweet potatoes into 2 cm square pieces.
2. Cutting streaky pork into about 3mm slices.
3. Putting meat slices into a bowl, then adding thick rice flour, vinasse (or cooking wine), soy sauce, spicy bean paste, chopped ginger, chopped scallion leaves, pepper powder, sugar and soup stock (or water), stirring them with cooked vegetable oil and letting rest for 15 minutes.
4. Placing the meat slices into the bowl in order, covered by sweet potatoes. Steaming the meat in a container over high heat for 1.5-2 hours until the meat is crispy.
5. Taking out and turning it over on a plate for serving.