Service for Foreigners
1.Object of physical examination: Overseas Chinese as well as Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan compatriots who have been approved to repatriate for permanent residence or working and are entering China, foreigners who apply for permanent residence, holding a post or employment in China and have been residing in China for one year or more (including their accompanying family members), foreign students who have been studying in China for more than 6 months; Foreigners who came to China for a short visit by holding F, L or other types of visa and now request for change of status in order to reside, work or study in China, and need to apply with public security authority for residence permit after getting the approval from competent authorities; and other foreigners who must accept physical examination or re-examination as required;
2. Documents required for physical examination: Physical examination applicant shall carry along the original and photocopy of his/her valid entry permit (such as passport, exit-entry permits for Hong Kong and Macau compatriots, exit-entry permits for Taiwan compatriots and tour pass) together with a recent 2-inch carnet photo; Applicant who applies for residence for work shall carry along the photocopy of the business license of his/her employer or the employment permit, official letter, letter of appointment, or other relevant certificates; Applicant who applies for residence for study shall carry along the student identity card, letter of admission or other relevant certificates; Accompanying family member shall carry along the residence permit for entourage, non-permanent residence permit, business license, student card or other relevant certificates. Applicant who applies for residence for relative-visiting, house purchase, disease treatment, marriage, repatriation for permanent residence and other reasons shall carry along the registration form for temporary accommodation issued by public security authority or the certificate of house proprietorship, marriage certificate, household register for his/her relative, and other relevant certificates;
3. Empty stomach is required for physical examination;
4. Time for receiving permit: Applicant may receive the permit at the corresponding window against the invoice for physical examination within three working days after the completion of the full set of physical examinations, and may follow urgent procedures for exceptional circumstances;
5. Verification for overseas persons: The certificate of health submitted for check shall be issued by a public hospital of the country or region where the person resides and shall be stamped with the common seal of the examination-performing hospital and be signed by the practitioner, or shall be notarized by a notary organ of the country or region where the person resides if issued by a private hospital; The certificate of health shall be an original copy with the photo of the examinee and attached with the original laboratory sheet and report sheet. The examination items include internal medical, surgical, five sense organs, electrocardiogram, chest X-ray and the laboratory examinations which shall consist of the serologically defined examinations for AIDS, venereal diseases, infectious hepatitis. If there is any unconformity in the certificate of health, the quarantine inspection physician is entitled to demand the applicant to re-take the examination or take supplementary examination. If the supplementary examination is required, the applicant shall pay additional charges.
Inspecting foreigner' passports and their residence certificates
Enforced by: Exit and entry administrative authority of public security bureau and its functionaries
Procedures: The policemen for foreign affairs have the power to inspect foreigners' passports and other certificates when they are on duty and deem it necessary.
Basis: Administrative Law of the People's Republic of China for Foreigners' Exit and Entry, and its Enforcement Rules
Rights and obligations: Rights and obligations of the exit and entry administrative authorities:
1. Inspectors shall present their Public Security Policeman Cards when they are enforcing inspections;
2. Inspectors shall proceed with inspections by law.
Rights and obligations of inspected persons:
1. Inspected persons shall offer cooperation;
2. Inspected persons shall answer the inquiry of inspectors faithfully;
3. If inspected persons have objections to the inspection acts, they are entitled to keep silence.
Content: Foreigners' passports and their residence certificates