I. In accordance with relevant spirits of the state, the Autonomous Region and the city and combined with the preferential policies of investment attraction for new development zones, the present Preferential Policy is formulated with a view to speeding up the development and construction of the Base for Higher Education in Xiangsihu New Development Zone, Nanning City (hereafter referred to as the Base), encouraging domestic higher institutions of learning and Chinese-foreign cooperative educational institutions to run schools in the base so that new and hi-tech growth points shall be created and a sustained and fast development of economy shall be propelled in the new development zone.
II. The present Preferential Policy is applicable to all higher institutions of learning, unities of production, learning and research, organs of scientific and research development which are invested and run in the Higher Education Base.
III. Preferential Policy of Charge
1. The administrative expenses for projects of teaching, scientific research and those providing direct services to teaching, scientific research shall be reduced or exempted except those prohibited by the state or the Autonomous Region.
2. The income tax submitted by the logistic service enterprises in the Base and the income obtained from technical services such as technical achievement, technical transfer, technical service, technical contract offered by scientific research organs and higher institutions of learning to all trades shall enjoy preferential rights according to the preferential policy for the Great West Development.
3. With efforts to get support from the Autonomous Region, fees collected from students at state-run schools established in the Base can be floated to a certain amount according to relevant regulations of the state; the charging standard for private schools can be drew up at their will referring to relevant regulations but shall be submitted to relevant departments for records before implementation.
IV. Preferential Policy of Land
1. The land-use right shall be granted to the land used for non-profiting projects for educational facilities at schools at the cost of the prime price of the land.
2. Preferential policy shall cover those whose land-use right is gained by contractual transfer and who pay off the cost of the transferred land for once. The land-transfer cost can be paid by installment within a limit period of three years and a limit installment of three times. Only after the land-transfer cost is paid off can the land-use permit be applied for.
3. Apartments for teachers shall be constructed and managed under a uniform planning with funds introduced from the society and shall be provided for the teaching and administrative staff of the higher institutions of learning in the Base for purchase at the cost of economically affordable housing of the corresponding period or for rent at the cost of the prime price. They shall not be traded in the market.
4. According to the planning of the New Development Zone and the implementation plans as well as the higher learning institution’s type and schooling scale, land shall be reserved for the higher institutions of learning with development potentialities to run schools or develop new and hi-tech industries.
5. The following situations shall be granted special preferential policy by the municipal government in the principle of special solution for particular case:
(1) entry of famous domestic higher institutions of learning and scientific research organs;
(2) entry of educational institutions and scientific research organs cooperating with famous foreign institutions;
(3) institutions and scientific research organs with dump-sum investment of 50 million US dollars or 400 million RMB.
V. Preferential Policy for Construction of Public Facilities and Municipal Facilities
1. The New Development Zone shall be responsible for the construction of the municipal facilities beyond the red line set for the school campus.
2. All main investing bodies can participate in the construction of the business infrastructure projects such as gas, tap-water, sewage treatment and garbage disposal in the Base by means of becoming joint stock participants or stock controllers, investing solely, purchasing, renting or transferring and can adopt a variety of investing and operating ways like BOT, BOOT, TOT and PPPS to develop and construct.
3. Investors shall get the right of naming infrastructure projects like public roads, squares and landscaping, etc. in the Base by means of bidding and audition. Once granted the right, investors shall crown the titles in accordance with Guidelines for Implementing Administrative Regulations for Geographical Names promulgated by the State Council and relevant laws and regulations and submit the names to the administrative committee of the New Development Zone for approval and then to the administrative organ of geographical names for examination and verification.
4. Funds offered by higher institutions of learning by means of financing to the administrative committee of the New Development Zone for constructing the public infrastructure in the Base shall be repaid by the administrative committee of the New Development. The higher institutions of learning involved in financing shall be given a certain proportion of capital occupancy expenses according to the amount of financing.
VI. Other Preferential Policy
1. The administrative committee of the New Development shall provide streamlined services and one-stop management to all investment projects entering the Base, from the pre-stage project establishment, examination and approval, planning to construction, thus simplifying procedures and raising efficiency.
2. Educational institutions cooperating with the world top 100 higher institutions of learning identified by authoritative organs or the domestic top 50 also identified by authoritative organs, if running schools in the Base, shall be provided campuses planned by themselves but constructed by the municipal government. The capital used in construction shall be recovered from tuitions contributed to the institutions every year by a certain proportion; once paid off, the property right shall fall to the institutions.
3. Relevant taxes shall be collected by the administrative committee of the New Development, which shall be submitted of the total sum once.
4. A green passage shall be set up for introducing talents. Special methods shall be adopted to treat the talents of high level or in badly need introduced into higher institutions of learning. The administrative committee of the New Development Zone shall also coordinate with relevant departments to deal with employment and hiring for higher institutions of learning, attend to staff members’ endowment insurance, residence registration transferring and children’s schooling.
5. The administrative committee of the New Development Zone shall provide the newly-built institutions with free publicity sites for circulating advertisements within six months from the date institutions begin the construction.
6. All higher institutions of learning shall be encouraged to establish multi-level and multi-form bases of producing, learning and researching, bases of scientific research achievement transferring, scientific and technological agent services. Every year, appropriation withdrawn from the three types of scientific and technological funds of
Cityshall be arranged to help pay the interests of loans applied for higher institutions of learning and their teachers and students for transferring new and hi-tech achievements or projects and undertaking research and development of new and hi-tech projects.
7. All circles of the society shall be encouraged and supported to set up all types of scholarships, scientific research rewarding funds for rewarding and aiding excellent students, poor students, scientific and technological talents and projects with great contributions to the scientific and technological progress of
8. New modes shall be earnestly supported such as exploration on joint institution running, logistic service socializing, teaching resource sharing, etc.
9. All higher institutions of learning shall be encouraged to set up affiliated schools serving the Base. The affiliated schools (including elementarily educational schools) shall also enjoy the present Preferential Policy.
10. Investment by the Chinese-foreign cooperative educational institution shall conform to the state relevant preferential policy and also enjoy the present Preferential Policy.
VII.The Municipal People’s Government of Nanning City shall be responsible for interpreting the present Policy.
VIII. The present Policy shall come into effect 30 days after issued.