B. Restricted Areas
Areas within 500m outward extension on both banks of the Yujiang River Basin, namely the Yongjiang River section, and of the trunk streams and tributaries (including lakes and reservoirs) of the upstream Zuojiang River, Youjiang River, and the downstream Yujiang River section within the administrative area of the city excluding Banned Areas.
4. What are the breeds of livestock and poultry banned or restricted in the Banned Areas and Restricted Areas as per the “Announcement”?
Answer: The breeds of livestock and poultry that are banned and restricted in the Banned Areas and Restricted Areas include the livestock and poultry of the genetic resources catalogue of livestock and poultry published according to the Article 11 under the Animal Husbandry Law of the People’s Republic of China, such as pig, cattle, sheep, horse, donkey, chicken and duck.
5. What is the scale of breeding banned or restricted in the Banned Areas and Restricted Areas as per the “Announcement”?
Answer: The “Announcement” stipulates that, as for breeding farms and breeding quarters that are banned or restricted in the Banned Areas and Restricted Areas as per the “Announcement”, except for areas that are banned for any breeding practices by laws and regulations, the scale of breeding in such breeding farms and breeding quarters shall be in line with the scale and standard of the centralized breeding places of livestock and poultry determined in the “Work Program for Pollution Prevention in Scaled Breeding of Livestock and Poultry in Guangxi” (issued by General Office of the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region  No. 133):
Number of annual marketable live pig ≥ 500 and number of annual live pig on hand ≥ 200;
Number of annual marketable beef cattle ≥ 100 and number of annual dairy cattle on hand ≥ 100;
Number of annual marketable broiler chicken ≥ 50,000 and number of annual laying hen on hand ≥ 10,000;
Other centralized breeding places of livestock and poultry equivalent to the above scale.
Areas where all breeding practices are banned shall comply with relevant stipulations according to the “Regulations on the Management of Urban and Rural Appearance and Environmental Sanitation of Nanning City”: livestock and poultry breeding is banned within the urban built-up area and the town built-up area where the government of the county is located, except for the purposes of teaching, scientific research and other special needs.
6. What are the requirements for the Banned Areas and Restricted Areas as per the “Announcement”?
Answer: The requirements for the Banned Area and Restricted Area in the “Announcement” are as follows:
(1) It is forbidden to build breeding farms and breeding quarters of livestock and poultry in the Banned Areas.
(2) Within the Restricted Areas, the total amount of edible livestock and poultry shall be gradually controlled and reduced, and particularly, no new or expanded breeding farms or breeding quarters of livestock and poultry can be built.