In order to optimize the layout of the livestock and poultry breeding industry in Nanning, control agricultural non-point source pollution, ensure the safety of the ecological environment, and promote the sustainable and sound development of the livestock and poultry breeding industry in Nanning, the Nanning Municipal People’s Government has issued the “Announcement of Nanning Municipal People’s Government on Re-zoning Banned Areas and Restricted Areas for Livestock and Poultry Breeding” (hereinafter referred to as the “Announcement”). The “Announcement” takes effect on February 29, 2020, and is valid for 5 years. The interpretation of the policy is as follows:
A. Banned Areas
1) Drinking water sources protection areas: including first-grade protection zones, second-grade protection zones and quasi-protection zones of drinking water sources delineated according to law.
2) Natural reserves: including the core areas and buffer areas of natural reserves at national and local levels delineated according to law.
3) Scenic areas: including national and provincial scenic areas under the approval of the State Council and provincial people’s governments and within the scopes as planned. Particularly, breeding farms and breeding quarters are not allowed to be built in the core scenic spots of the scenic areas; and, breeding farms and breeding quarters with pollutant discharge are not allowed to be built in other areas of the scenic areas.
4) The central urban area defined as per the “Overall Planning of Nanning City (2011-2020)” (newly approved overall planning of Nanning City, if any, shall be implemented).
5) Densely populated areas such as urban residential areas and culture, education and scientific research areas, and their surrounding areas within 500m; and areas within the scope of village residential areas.
6) Areas within 500m outward extension on both banks of urban inland rivers and of the tributaries of the rivers.
7) Other areas requiring special protection according to laws and regulations.