In accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Open Government Affairs, and the Notice of the General Office of the Nanning Municipal Government on the Open Government Affairs and Content Maintenance of the Nanning Government Information Website (Document No. 109), the Nanning Government Information Website meets some requirements as follows:
I. Contents of Open Government Affairs
A. The following contents should be published in time in the government information websites at local and prefectural levels:
1. Government documents associated with the public;
2. Authorized plans for local social and economic development, city construction planning and their implementations;
3. Annual budget and final budget reports approved by the local People’s Congress and their implementations;
4. Annual plans for national economic and social development approved by local People’s Congress and their implementations;
5. Public bidding and bidding winning of local government’s important infrastructure projects;
6. Public bidding for government purchasing of important commodities and services, including public bidding notices and bidding winning notices.
7. Services of local public utilities and welfare undertakings, including water supple, gas supply, power supply, flood control, sewage disposal, transportation, afforestation, and other social welfare undertaking services;
8. Handling of proposals from members of NPC and members of the National Committee of the CPPCC;
9. Settings, functions and adjustments of departments, affiliated organizations and offices of the government;
10. Personnel changes of governmental officials;
11. Examination and enrollment of civil servants, requirements, procedures and results for public selection of senior officials;
12. Standards, requirements and implementations of veterans benefit and placement, urban subsistence allowance programs, subsistence programs for the most needed people, charity undertaking, education, social security, labor and employment;
13. Office addresses and contacts of the government, auditing and supervision authorities, and administrative reconsideration organizations;
14. Commitments to the public and their implementations; and
15. Other government affairs as stipulated to be open to the public.
B. Contents that should be published in time in all department websites:
1. Settings, responsibilities, people in charge, office addresses and contacts;
2. Laws, rules, regulations and other documents associated with corresponding responsibilities;
3. Legal basis, application requirements, numbers, procedures, time limits, and results of administrative licensing within the area of responsibilities, and all the documents for licensing application;
4. Subjects, rates and legal basis of administrative and institutional charges within the area of responsibilities;
5. Penalty charges and their legal basis within the area of responsibilities;
6. Enforcement measures and their legal basis within the area of responsibilities;
7. Means of supervision and complaints; and
8. Other proceedings closely associated with the public and as stipulated to be open to the public.
C. Non-disclosure contents according to laws:
1. State secrets;
2. Business secrets and personal privacy;
3. Other non-disclosure government information as stipulated in laws and regulations; and
4. The government affairs whose degrees of secrecy are subject to confirmation should be kept secret in accordance with the Secrecy Law of the People’s Republic of China.
D. Time limit for information updating
In accordance with relevant requirements, all the information aforementioned should be published within the limit of 30 days since its occurrence. And the information whose time limit is stipulated in the maintenance program should be updated accordingly.
E. Application and supervision of open government affairs
Citizens, legal persons, and other organizations are allowed to ask for the publication of government affairs within the boundary of relevant regulations. Consultations can be made through websites and phone calls.
II. Content Maintenance
The contents of the Nanning Government Information Website come from relevant websites at all local and prefectural levels, and are maintained by means of online collection, information publication, website links and cooperative columns.
1. Online collection: The public information in all the websites at local and prefectural levels is collected through systems automatically, and published accordingly in the Nanning Government Information Website.
2. Information publication: The information to be published in the websites at local and prefectural levels is sent email@example.com further selection.
3. Website links including homepage links and column links: The homepages and important columns of the websites at local and prefectural levels are linked to those of the Nanning Government Information Website, offering users an easy access to public information.
4. Cooperative columns: Columns for hot issues and features are made jointly by the Nanning Government Information Website and other relevant institutions.
III. Inspection and Evaluation
In case of information deficiency and delay, website maintenance, open government affairs, information publication, and online citizen service are inspected and evaluated in the objective management and performance management of relevant institutions and organization at local and prefectural levels. The Information Office will inspect and evaluate the maintenance of the Nanning Government Information Website at a regular base so as to enhance its content quality and service standard.