1. Wash and dry the water chestnut, cut off all the black skin and yellow parts, put them in the fresh-keeping bag, beat them with a big knife and break them into small particles for use.
2. Dilute and dissolve water chestnut powder with 1 cup of water (250ml).
3. Filter the diluted solution of water chestnut powder with a sieve to remove the undissolved big-diameter residue.
4. Pour 2 cups of water (500ml), 150 grams of sugar and 1 tablespoon of oil into the pot and cook.
5. Add particles of water chestnut after boiling, and then turn to low heat.
6. Stir the water with chopsticks or wooden spoon in one direction, add the filtered solution of water chestnut powder while stirring (mix properly before pouring), and continue to stir vigorously in one direction after pouring the solution until the mixture is translucent and separated from the wall of the pot.
7. Coat the container for steaming cake with oil, and then pour in the transparent mixture into it. Level the surface of the cake with wet hand or slab rubber, cover the cake with fresh-keeping film. Then, after steaming for 50 minutes to 1 hour, insert the bamboo stick into the cake body and pull it out. The cake is successfully made if no syrup adheres to the stick.
8. After the steamed cake is cooled, turn out the cake from the container and cut into thick slices for cold food.
9. Or touch with a little dry starch, and then fry it with small fire till two sides turn gold for hot food.