In the 8th year of the Reign of Jiajing Emperor (1529), Wang Shouren, Governor of both Guangdong and Guangxi, submitted memorial to the emperor on the establishment of Long’an County.
In the 12th year of the Reign of Jiajing Emperor (1533), the imperial court approved the establishment of Long'an County, and the administrative organ of county level “County Bureau” was then established.
In the 13th year of the Reign of Jiajing Emperor (1534), “Bureau of Official Personnel Affairs” in charge of arrest and prisons was established.
In the 14th year of the Reign of Jiajing Emperor (1535), city wall was constructed.
In the 16th year of the Reign of Jiajing Emperor (1537), Zhang Wanggui, Magistrate of the County, established county school inside the North Door.
In the 39th year of the Reign of Jiajing Emperor (1560), Yao Juyi, Magistrate of the County, moved the county school to the east of the County (today’s Long’an Middle School).
In the 17th year of the Reign of Wanli Emperor (1589), magistrate of the County organized the compilation of “County Annals of Long’an” (lost).
In the 27th day of 11th lunar month to the 7th day of 12 lunar month of the 17th year of the Reign of Chongzhen Emperor (1638), Xu Xiake, Geographer of the Ming Dynasty, visited Long’an County for tourism and survey. He passed by places of Dujie, Aihua, Lianzao, Baichao, Sanbao, Badian, Xiancheng, Bangshan, Longchuang, Xiadeng, Natong, Nayuan, Zhenliu, etc. Descriptions of natural conditions and social customs in Long’an County were included in his book “Travels of Xu Xiake”.