Before the Qin Dynasty, the jurisdiction of Liangqing District of Nanning City was formerly Xi’ou and Luoyue. In the Qin Dynasty, this place belonged to the Lingfang County of Guilin Prefecture and Hepu County of Hepu Prefecture. At the time of the Three Kingdoms, it was under the jurisdiction of Wu. In the first year of Daxing in the Eastern Jin Dynasty (318 years), it was under the jurisdiction of Jinxing Prefecture. Then, it was under the jurisdiction of Xuanhua Prefecture in the eighteenth year of Emperor Kaihuang (598 years), and was under the jurisdiction of Nanning County in the second year of the Republic of China (1913). In the third year of the Republic of China (1914), Nanning County was renamed as Yongning County, and the Liangqing District was under the jurisdiction of Yongning County. Until March 18, 2005, Nanning City changed the county into the district.