A rock embankment over 100m long, 5m high is standing at the riverside of Yongjiang River on Linjiang Road. It is part of the flood embankment built during Qianlong period of Qing Dynasty, and is also the oldest in existence. According to records, Nanning was facing frequent flood in history, and a big flood damaged the city wall in 1739. So the city wall along the riverside was repaired from 1739 to 1741. To prevent the flood damage the wall in the future, a flood embankment made of rocks was built from Cangxi Gate (today’s Minsheng Wharf) to Ansai Gate (near today’s Yongjiang Hotel), and three wharfs, namely Xiaguan, Ansai, and Jijiangtai, were built before the embankment. Though three wharfs were demolished during 1980s, this embankment is still functioning today.