Nanhu Park is an ancient man-made lake for flood diversion. It was built by LüRen, governor of ancient Nanning around the year of 710 to 711. It was developed as a fish farm and listed as a scenic spot by the municipal government in 1956, and was further extended into a water landscape park in 1972, with a total area of 160.26 hectares, including 35.78 hectares of land, 124.48 hectares of water surface, and 27.2 hectares of green space. In the park, there are showrooms for revolutionary martyrs--Li Mingrui and Wei Baqun, a Guangxi-style bonsai garden, an orchid nursery, an areca plantation and a themed water park, etc. It is a comprehensive park for watching sub-tropical plants and enjoying on-water amusements and was free of charge since Oct. 2002.